COST ACCOUNTANT - Greenwood, MS
The cost accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints,
target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data
accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to
- Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
- Report on breakeven points by products, work centers, and factories
- Report on margins by product and division
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Analyze capital budgeting requests
- Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group
- 3+ years of accounting/finance experience, or 5+ year’s experience in industrial engineering.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
- Excellent analysis skills
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-department team
- Experience manipulating large databases.
DESIGN ENGINEER - Cooking Products - Greenwood, MS
Viking Range is seeking an experienced design engineer for its Cooking division. The position will have the responsibility of designing, developing and releasing to production product assemblies and sub-assemblies while working within a design team atmosphere. A very competitive compensation and relocation package will be offered. This position will be located in Greenwood, MS.
Essential Job Results:
- Provide expertise in various materials including sheet metal and die casting.
- Work within a team environment with other Viking Range engineers and designers to achieve production build dates.
- Assist and guide other engineers and designers in related and/or nonrelated engineering disciplines.
- Plan, prepare and provide project schedules, reports on design progress and recommendations for improvements to project objectives and processes.
- Communicate with vendor community about technical aspects of purchased parts and assist the purchasing department in related procurements.
- Analyze product applications; answer customer inquires related to product designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required (BSME preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the design and engineering of cooking appliances or related products.
- Experience with electronics, structures and/or prototyping.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of 3D Parametric CAD preferred.
DESIGN ENGINEER - Electrical Wiring/Harness - Greenwood, MS
Viking Range is seeking an experienced, innovative Electrical Wiring/Harness Engineer. This position is responsible for the development and release of specifications and designs to support the wire harness development of all Viking Range products while managing the quality, cost and timing of responsible programs and suppliers. The position will be located in Greenwood, MS, approximately 100 miles south of Memphis, TN.
Essential Job Results:
- Development of specifications for electrical schematic, wiring, and harness with respect to
- Platform product level requirements and specifications
- Agency requirements (both domestic and international)
- Marketing and Industrial Design requirements
- Design and release of product schematic and wiring diagram by working with cross-functional team (Platform Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Service, etc.)
- Design and release of final harness assembly design by working with cross-functional team
(Platform Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Service, Supplier, etc.)
- Preparation of 3D routing of wiring harness for obtaining actual length, clearance with respect to other mechanical parts, support to be provided, protection and clearance in high temp zone
- Preparation of 2D layout drawing for obtaining length, connector, grommet location, bracket and support design, etc.
- Documentation of wiring harness design in CATIA V5 and IGE-XAO. Document control in Smarteam PLM
- Interact with supplier for component selection, manufacturing and assembly
- Selection of terminals, connectors and other harness components
- Plan, lead, execute and summarize results for Design Reviews (wire harness, components, standoffs)
- Continuous improvement for existing designs
- Engineering technical support to Procurement for:
- Supplier evaluation
- Quoting of electronic components
- Engineering technical support to Service for:
- Resolution of field issues
- Development and implementation of field diagnostics
- Support development of service documentation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on wiring harness design and development with global team interaction
- Reviewing layouts and circuit drawings, preparing BOM, releasing procedure for drawings and interpreting schematics
- Good knowledge of cable and harness design techniques
- Experience with new product innovations, value re-engineering and saving costs using various techniques
- Tools knowledge (CATIA, IGE-XAO, FMEA, DFM, DFA, Poke-Yoke)
- Auto/Appliance electronic/electrical design at assembly, sub-assembly level
- Exposure to working in a cross-functional team
- Dependable and timely
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- The ability to establish priorities and manage project assignments
- Advanced organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a sense of urgency, initiative and a commitment to work and assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of wire harness development experience
- Project management experience (preferred)
- Broad experience in appliance design/development (preferred)
- Experience with statistical design concepts (preferred)
- Programming and hardware design experience (preferred)
HR MANAGER, MANUFACTURING - Greenwood, Mississippi
The HR Manager, Manufacturing will provide HR support to the workforce in our Greenwood, MS manufacturing facilities. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on HR professional with a lean manufacturing mind set. Primary duties are as follows:
- Administer recruitment, selection, and pre-employment training programs for hourly workforce
- Provide guidance to employees and supervisors concerning change initiatives and manufacturing HR issues
- Maintain employee attendance program
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of federal and state legal HR requirements
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and make recommendations to Director, HR for improvement of organization’s policies, procedures and practices on HR matters
- Oversee training and employee development program for manufacturing workforce
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, and wages
- Serve as a link between management and manufacturing employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, and employee relations
- BA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- 5 years’ experience in a Human Resource leadership capacity within a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Oracle, and ADP preferred
- PHR/SPHR certification
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at employee relations including conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and exercise confidentiality
- Highly organized and self-motivated
MANUFACTURING HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR - Greenwood, MS
The Viking Human Resources Department is seeking a Manufacturing Human Resources Coordinator in Greenwood, MS. This position will support the Human Resources operations by maintaining HR records and files, administering federal, state and company-provided leave programs, providing employment verifications, managing time and attendance for the manufacturing workforce, assisting with payroll, as well as performing other HR-related duties to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Self-starter and works well in a team environment
- Dependable, patient, and professional
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- High level of work efficiency and accuracy; strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Oracle HR and ADP Payroll/Time and Attendance a plus
REFRIGERATION SENIOR ENGINEERS - Greenwood, MS
Viking Range is seeking experienced, innovative engineers for its Refrigeration division. The Senior Engineer position will be an expert technical and design resource that champions the consistent use of high performance design practices and standards for the Refrigeration division. This person will engineer, lead and manage multi-functional teams to carry out an aggressive product plan for the development of new refrigeration product. A very competitive compensation and relocation package will be offered. Viking offers excellent fringe benefits and takes pride in maintaining a very positive, people and family oriented working environment. The Company’s continued growth provides ample opportunities for advancement. Engineers will be located in Viking’s Refrigeration Products Plant in Greenwood, MS, approximately 100 miles south of Memphis, TN.
Essential Job Results:
- Provide expertise in the design and engineering of current and future refrigeration products and systems.
- Identify design/performance requirements for refrigeration products and systems.
- Participate in or lead the Viking Product Development Process for various refrigeration products and systems.
- Develop and manage project plans and timelines within the scope of the Viking Product Development Process.
- Develop and maintain high performance design practices and standards.
- Utilize sound project management tools for the execution of the project.
- Drive usage of modeling, analysis and simulation tools in the design process for optimization and robustness.
- Work with manufacturing/suppliers to document technical aspects of components and interaction of designs within manufacturing and assembly.
- Expertise in the design, function and performance requirements of key components in a refrigeration product and system.
- Experience leading complex product development initiatives from concept through production.
- Ability to apply expertise across multiple projects to ensure high performance design practices and standards are met.
- Flexible and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Self-starter that exhibits creativity.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology required.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years experience in new product engineering and refrigeration design.
- Prior project leadership experience is preferred.
- Experience with electronics, structures and/or prototyping.
- Knowledge of 3D Parametric CAD is preferred.
WAIT STAFF - Greenwood, MS
Giardina’s is seeking an individual to enthusiastically wait tables and represent the organization in an extremely positive manner. This position will be night hours.
- Strong work ethic
- Previous restaurant experience preferred
- Friendly personality
- 18 years or older