Dispenser Wire Harness Recall
IMPORTANT PRODUCT RECALL NOTICE
October 10, 2013
Dear Valued Viking Customer:
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Viking is recalling certain 42-Inch and 48-Inch Built-In Side-by-Side Dispensing Refrigerator Freezers manufactured between October 17, 2012 and May 29, 2013. Our records indicate that you may have previously purchased a Viking Range Corporation 42-Inch or 48-Inch Built-In Side-by-Side Dispensing Refrigerator Freezer manufactured during this timeframe. Viking will repair all affected refrigerators free of charge in your home.
The connectors in the wiring harnesses used in the affected refrigerators may short circuit, with a potential for fire. Viking has received 27 reports of shorts and 4 fires.
If your refrigerator freezer is subject to the recall, you should immediately turn off and unplug your refrigerator freezers and contact Viking to schedule a free, in-home repair.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS IN ORDER TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOUR REFRIGERATOR IS SUBJECT TO THE RECALL:
• Please locate the label containing the model and serial number of your refrigerator which is located on the ceiling of the interior of the refrigerator.
• If your model number is identified in the chart below, locate the first six numbers contained in the serial number. The first six numbers contained in the serial number correspond to the manufacture date of the unit in [mm][dd][yy] format.
• If the first six numbers contained in the serial number correspond to the dates identified in the chart below, your refrigerator is subject to the recall.
|42-Inch Model Numbers||Date of Manufacture|
|FDSB5421D, VCSB5421D||Units manufactured between 10/17/12 and 05/29/13|
|48-Inch Model Numbers||Date of Manufacture|
|FDSB5481D, VCSB5481D||Units manufactured between 10/17/12 and 05/29/13|
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS IN ORDER TO SCHEDULE A FREE REPAIR OF YOUR REFRIGERATOR:
• Write down the model and serial number of your refrigerator, which are located on the identification plate mounted on the ceiling of the interior of the refrigerator.
• Please call 1-877-266-1086, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST.
Viking will arrange for an authorized service representative to contact you to schedule a repair.
Viking Range, LLC apologizes for the inconvenience, but on behalf of its employees and partners, appreciates the opportunity to remain your preferred brand of professional-grade kitchen appliances.
Thank you for your understanding and for purchasing a Viking product.
Viking Range, LLC