- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1½ cups celery, diced
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay® seasoning
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 large baking potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces, boiled and drained
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In large stock pot over medium high heat, cook bacon until nicely browned. Remove bacon strips and set aside. Add onion and celery to pot; cook 5 minutes.
2. In small bowl, combine flour and Old Bay seasoning. Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over onion and celery, stirring to absorb all oil. Cook 3 more minutes.
3. Add chicken stock; stir to combine vegetables. Add potatoes, corn, parsley and ¾ cup of green onions; cook 5 minutes. Add catfish; cook 5 more minutes or until catfish is cooked through.
4. Add cream, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with remaining green onions and diced bacon pieces. Serve with crusty bread.
Recipe provided by The Catfish Institute.