Bring 1 quart of water, lemon juice, and lime juice to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add catfish and poach for 3-4 minutes, careful not to overcook.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 pound U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, 3-5 ounces, cut into medium diced chunks
- 1 small white onion, medium dice, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 cup jicama, diced (or cucumber if it isn’t available)
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into medium dice
- 3 ears corn
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Tri-color tortilla chips for garnish
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Lime or lemon wedge for garnish
Strain and place on a sheet tray to cool.
Cut kernels off corn and cook them in water for 7 minutes. Strain and cool. Mix together catfish, onion, cilantro, ketchup, hot sauce, jicama, scallions, corn, ground cumin, ground ginger, and avocado. Cover for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
Spoon ceviche into martini glass and garnish with lime wedge, chips, and a sprig of cilantro.
Yield: 4 - 4 1/2 cups; serves 8-10 people
Related Recipe Categories