In a shallow glass dish, stir together yogurt, onion and garlic. Add lemon juice, cilantro, paprika, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cloves. Add chicken and coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cloves, ground
- 1 1/2 pound bone-in chicken thighs, skinned and trimmed of fat
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Lightly oil a wire rack or coat it with nonstick spray. Set rack over a foil-covered baking sheet.
Place chicken on prepared rack. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until browned and no trace of pink remains in the center. Serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings
Suggested Wine Pairings: Riesling, Gewurztraminer
Related Recipe Categories