- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon or 1/8 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot or dried ginger
- 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 4 (6 ounces) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, halved crosswise
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups vermicelli noodles, cooked (6 oz. uncooked)
- 2 cups frozen sugar snap peas, defrosted
- Sliced scallions (green onions) optional for garnish
Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce with ginger. Remove 1 tablespoon teriyaki mixture to medium bowl.
Place breadcrumbs on plate. Gently pat catfish fillets with paper towels to dry. Add catfish to teriyaki mixture in medium bowl and toss gently. Coat each fillet with breadcrumbs; place on prepared baking sheet. Spray fillets with nonstick cooking spray. Bake until fish is opaque in center, 10 to 13 minutes, depending on size.
To remaining teriyaki mixture in small bowl, stir in peanut butter, vinegar and red pepper flakes, stirring until smooth and adding water until saucy, 1 tablespoon at a time. Set aside 1/4 cup peanut sauce; toss remaining sauce with cooked noodles.
To serve, arrange peanut noodles on platter. Top with sugar snap peas and hot catfish. If desired, garnish with sliced scallions (green onions).
Drizzle catfish with reserved peanut sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: Calories 561 (34% from fat); Fat 21g (sat 4g, mono 10g, poly 5g); Protein 37g; Carbohydrate 56g; Fiber 6g; Cholesterol 73mg; Calcium 110mg; Sodium 994mg
Recipe provided by The Catfish Institute.