Spicy Catfish Strips with Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce
Spicy Catfish Strips
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce, such as Sriracha sauce
- ½ cup fish breading
- 1 tablespoon Chinese 5 Spice
- 2 cups vegetable oil
Thai Peanut dipping Sauce
- ½ cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
1. In small bowl, combine catfish and chili sauce.
2. In another small bowl, mix breading and Chinese 5 Spice. Add catfish strips a few at a time, tossing gently to coat with breading; shake off any excess.
3. In large skillet, heat oil to 350º F. Add catfish strips slowly and cook until golden brown, turning once (about 4 minutes).
4. Remove strips from oil and drain on paper towels. Place on serving dish with Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce.
Thai peanut dipping sauce
In small saucepan, whisk together all ingredients over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature before serving.
Recipe provided by The Catfish Institute.