Lemon Drop Martini
- 1 lemon wedge
- Yellow sanding sugar, for garnishing rims of martini glasses
- 2 cups cracked ice
- 6 ounces premium vodka, chilled in the freezer (3/4 cup)
- 2 ounces Triple Sec (1/4 cup)
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of 2 medium lemons)
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 4 lemon twists, for garnish
Moisten the rim of each chilled glass with the lemon wedge; gently press each rim into the sanding sugar. Fill a metal cocktail shaker with cracked ice; place the top on the shaker and shake for about 10 to 15 seconds.
Add the vodka, Triple Sec, lemon juice, and superfine sugar and shake for another 15 seconds. Strain the liquid into the prepared glasses and serve immediately garnished with a twist.