- 1 1/2 pounds red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup walnuts, shelled and ground
- 3 tablespoons quality bread crumbs or sesame cracker crumbs
- 1 lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons pomegranate molasses (preferably Cortas brand, available at Middle Eastern grocers)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili paste (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Meanwhile, combine the walnuts and bread crumbs in a food processor and process until finely ground. Add the bell peppers, lemon juice, and pomegranate molasses and blend until creamy. Add the chile paste, adjust the seasoning, and scrape into a 2-cup storage jar. Chill overnight to allow flavors to mellow.
When ready to serve, scrape dip into a serving dish. Decorate with ground cumin and drizzle of olive oil.
Yield: 6 servings