- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, dark
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard, dry
- 1 1/4 pounds shrimp, jumbo, peeled
If desired, insert a wooden skewer through each shrimp. Preheat broiler or grill. If broiling, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange the shrimp on the baking sheet.
Broil shrimp in the middle of the oven until cooked, about 10 minutes. If grilling, cook shrimp over hot coals until opaque, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Keep skewers out and away from coals to prevent them from burning.
Yield: 4 servings
Suggested Wine Pairings: Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Viognier, Sauvignon Blanc