Fennel and Orange Salad
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and cored
- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- Salt to taste
- Pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 1/2 cup parsley, flat-leaf, chopped
Whisk the lemon juice, olive oils, and salt and pepper to taste to make vinaigrette. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the parsley for garnish. Put the fennel and remaining parsley in a bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
Season the orange slices with salt and pepper. Drizzle them with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange the fennel and orange slices on chilled plates and garnish with the reserved parsley.
Yield: 6 servings