Spicy Lamb Kebabs with Grapes
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds lamb leg meat, cleaned of excess fat and sinew
- 1 pound grapes, seedless
- 24 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
Cut lamb across the grain and on a bias into 3/4" thick slices. Cut each slice with the grain into three pieces. The chunks of lamb will be about 1"x 1" x 1".
Rub marinade into lamb and skewer the lamb alternately with seedless grapes. Allow skewers to marinate under refrigeration for a minimum of 1 hour. Preheat the grill to high.
Grill lamb skewers over high heat until nicely colored and cooked medium 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a heated serving platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Yield: 8 servings
Suggested Wine Pairings: Good Spanish Tempranillo (Rioja, Ribera del Duero), Grenache/Carignan blend (Priorato), Grenache blends from Southern Rhone (Chateauneuf du Pape, Cotes du Rhone, Vacqueyras), Languedoc-Roussillon