- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small white or yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 medium red apples, cored, unpeeled, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 2 (packed) cups light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
Taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Tips and Techniques
Make It Ahead: Prepare the chutney up to 1 week in advance. Cool completely, then store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.
Makes about 3 cups
Exclusive recipes provided by Viking Cooking School.