By Karin Calloway
Karin Calloway is a working mom living in Augusta, Ga., with multiple freelance jobs and a ton of dirty dishes.
Shrimp is a perennial party favorite, especially when it is drenched in a luscious marinade. While most recipes for marinated shrimp call for a vinaigrette type of dressing, this Saucy Shrimp is bathed in a creamy, tangy sauce. It is best if made the day before your party and is also delicious served as a shrimp salad on a bed of lettuce.
- 3 pounds cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup regular or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Durkee’s Famous Sauce
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 3.5-ounce jar capers, drained
- 2 ribs celery, washed and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
Combine all ingredients in a 2-gallon zip-top plastic bag, squeezing to combine well. Refrigerate overnight. Pour into a serving bowl and serve with toothpicks.Makes 12 appetizer servings.