- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Parsley, fresh and minced for garnish
Dust catfish fillets with flour, shaking off excess. Set aside on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the fillets, 2 at a time, in the hot oil for 3 or 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Place the fillets on a serving platter and keep warm.
In the same skillet, mix tomatoes, olives, garlic, oregano, tarragon and thyme. Stir the wine and cornstarch in a small bowl until combined. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Spoon the sauce over the fillets, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe provided by The Catfish Institute.