Lowfat Corn Muffins
Corn muffins are the perfect accompaniment to soups, stews and chili, and they are quick and easily made from scratch. The liquid for these muffins is canned cream-style corn, giving them lots of corn flavor and a wonderful texture. For almost “fat free” muffins, use liquid egg substitute for the eggs.
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 15 ounces creamed corn
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 large eggs, beaten, or 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in the creamed corn, sour cream and eggs or egg substitute. Stir until smooth and then spoon the batter into a 12-cup muffin tin that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.