Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
Puree roasted pepper pieces, vinegar and hot pepper sauce in a food processor fitted with the metal blade until smooth. In a small mixing bowl, whisk roasted red pepper puree with mayonnaise until completely incorporated; season to taste with cayenne pepper, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted*, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- Pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Pinch granulated sugar, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
*To Roast Peppers: Char peppers over a gas flame on the stove or under the broiler, turning to ensure the skin blisters evenly. Place blistered peppers in a covered container or in a bowl covered with plastic wrap and cool. When cool enough to handle, peel off the dark skins and remove the seeds.
Make It Ahead: Make the recipe up to 1 day in advance and refrigerate.
Serving Suggestion: Use as a condiment for sandwiches or pommes frites, or as a sauce for grilled fish, meat or poultry.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.