Corn Chile Cakes
These small corn chile cakes are delicious served as finger food, with no utensils or plates required.
Preheat griddle to about 300 degrees F. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir together thoroughly the milk, water, and egg. Add to the dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Add chilies, corn, and cheese and mix well.
- 1 package single layer yellow cake mix (ex. Jiffy)
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Mexican cornbread mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 1 bag frozen corn kernels - thawed
- 1/4-1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
Spray griddle lightly with cooking spray before cooking and in between each batch, if needed. Drop small pancakes onto griddle using large tablespoon. Cook until lightly brown; turn and brown on the other side. Serve hot.