Red-Skinned Potato Salad
Grainy Mustard Vinaigrette
Combine all ingredients (except oil) in the bowl of a mini-food processor; pulse to combine. With the motor running, add the oil in a slow steady drizzle until emulsified with the other ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 1/4 cup White wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Whole-grain mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 pounds small red bliss potatoes, washed and cut into quarters
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mixed, chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives, basil, dill)
- 1 clovegarlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Grainy Mustard Vinaigrette (recipe above)
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, diced*
- 2 stalks celery, sliced on the bias
- 3 - 4 green onions, ends trimmed, cut into 1/4-in. thick slices
Preheat oven to 400º F. Toss potatoes with olive oil, herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well to coat thoroughly. Spread coated potatoes on a baking sheet and place in preheated oven until they are tender when pierced with the tip of a small knife, approximately 30 to 35 minutes.
Remove potatoes from the oven and toss with remaining salad ingredients and dressing while potatoes are still warm. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.
* Roasting Peppers: Char peppers over a gas flame on the stove, under the broiler, or using a stove top smoker, turning to ensure the skin blisters evenly. Place blistered peppers in a covered container or in a bowl covered with plastic wrap and cool. When cool enough to handle, peel off the dark skins and remove the seeds.
Yield: 4 servings