Tuscan Baked Catfish
Heat oven to 350ºF. Rinse catfish fillets in cold water and pat dry with paper towel. Place catfish fillets in 9 x 13 baking dish. Grate zest (colored outer rind) of lemon and orange over catfish. Drizzle juice of lemon over catfish. Reserve orange.
- 6 (3 to 5 oz.) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1 each lemon
- 1 each orange
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, fresh and minced (1/8 tsp. dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, combine garlic, fennel, rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil; pour over catfish. Bake catfish at 350ºF for 12 to 15 minutes, or until fish is opaque in center. Remove from oven and place on serving dish. Pour juices over catfish.
Garnish with reserved orange slices and additional fresh rosemary, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings