Grilled Chicken Breasts Filled with Fontina & Prosciutto with Sage-Orange Vinaigrette
Combine vinegar, sage, garlic orange zest, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil and blend until emulsified.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Heat grill to high. Pound each chicken breast between sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap with a rolling pin or a mallet to 1/8-inch thickness.
- 4 (8 ounces each) boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 4 slices (2 ounces) prosciutto
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 12 wooden toothpicks, soaked in water for 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- grilled orange wedges
Lay each chicken breast out on a flat surface, and top each breast with a slice of prosciutto, some grated fontina cheese, and 1 sage leaf. Roll each breast up crosswise, and secure with a few toothpicks by threading them through the seam side of each breast.
Brush chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 6-8 minutes, turning as needed, until golden brown on all sides and cooked through. Remove chicken to a platter and drizzle each breast with 2 tbsp. of the sage-orange vinaigrette, let rest 5 minutes.
Garnish with grilled oranges wedges. Serve remaining vinaigrette on the side, if desired, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Yield: 4 servings