Southern-Style Sweet Bourbon Glazed Catfish with Toasted Pecans
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- ¼ cup seasoned cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite seasoning blend
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup fresh pecans Sweet Bourbon Glaze
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Place cornmeal into shallow dish and mix in seasoning blend. Coat fillets well and shake off any excess.
2. Place large sauté pan over medium heat; add oil. When hot, carefully add catfish. Cook approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Turn fillets over and cook 2 more minutes. Place catfish on serving platter.
3. Discard any remaining oil in pan and wipe clean with a paper towel. Place pecans into hot pan, shaking constantly. Toast approximately 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and sprinkle over catfish.
4. Pour Sweet Bourbon Glaze over catfish fillets. Serve with roasted sweet potatoes and mustard greens.
Recipe provided by The Catfish Institute.