Catfish Tacos with Strawberry Cilantro Salsa
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 8 hard taco shells
- ½ head of lettuce
Strawberry Cilantro Salsa
- 8 ounces strawberries, sliced lengthwise
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
1. Place lime juice, garlic, salt, hot sauce and oil in large re-sealable freezer bag. Seal bag and mix contents well. Add catfish fillets; reseal bag and coat fillets with marinade. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. While catfish is marinating, combine strawberries, lime juice, zest and cilantro in small bowl and set aside.
3. Preheat grill.
4. Remove catfish from bag and discard marinade. Place fillets on grill; cook 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and grill 3 more minutes or until cooked through.
5. To assemble tacos, line taco shells with lettuce. Cut fillets into long strips and place in shells. Top with Strawberry Cilantro Salsa.
Recipe provided by The Catfish Institute.