Catfish and Biscuits
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 1½ tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup celery, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ green bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 biscuits, cooked as directed
1. Sprinkle catfish with Cajun seasoning.
2. Place large skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and olive oil. When butter is melted and hot, add catfish. Cook 4 minutes, turn and cook another 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Add onion, celery, bell peppers and mushrooms to skillet; cook 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 more minutes. Add heavy cream, stirring to combine. Cook 4 minutes or until cream mixture has reduced by half. Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
4. Split biscuits and place on serving plate. Cut fillets in half; place one half on each split biscuit and spoon sauce over each.
(2 catfish biscuits per serving)
Recipe provided by The Catfish Institute.