Chinese Chicken Salad
Asian-inspired salads are available at restaurants of all varieties – from those with white tablecloths to those with drive-through windows. Bring the flavor home with this easy Chinese Chicken Salad. Whenever I serve this to guests or take it along to a get together with friends I’m asked to share the recipe. The combination of savory chicken, creamy dressing and crunch is sure to be a hit at your next summer picnic or salad supper.
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until well blended. Scrape into a bowl, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
Place all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with some of the dressing and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded, about 3 cups
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, thinly shredded (or 2 packages prepared iceberg “shreds”)
- 1 package shredded “angel hair” cabbage
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 16-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fried potato sticks
- 1 cup thin chow mien noodles
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
Makes 10 servings.