Strawberry Crepes Recipe
In a small bowl mix together cool whip and pudding. Chill until ready to roll crepes. Place all topping items in a small saucepan. Reduce over low heat, whisking continuously. Reduce until berries break down to desired thickness, or 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add slices of 4-6 large fresh strawberries to reduction. Make crepes by rolling chilled filling into each crepe and place on plate. Top with fresh strawberries then drizzle with strawberry reduction.
- 4 oz of Cool Whip
- 3 vanilla pudding cups
- 1 package ready-made crepes
- 1/2 cup strawberries (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- Splash of water
Presentation Tip: Swirl chocolate sauce on plate and dust powdered sugar over crepe. Add a sprig of mint for color.
Yield: 4 servings • Time: 15 minutes
Recommended Champagne/Dessert Wine Selections
- Rosenblum Desiree Popular Priced Selection (Under $20) A chocolate lover’s wine with fruit forward robustness and a chocolate essence. (Zinfandel based)
- Codorniu Napa Grand Reserve Brut (Under $40) Hand harvested, whole cluster pressed, cuvee blend in French oak
Cut blackberries into small pieces. Place all items in a small saucepan and reduce over low heat, whisking continuously, until desired thickness. Remove from heat, add desired number of fresh berries to the reduction sauce and chill. Once cooled, spoon over filled crepe.
- 1⁄2 Cup Frozen Blackberries
- 1⁄2 Cup Crème De Cassis
- 2 Tsp Sugar or sweeten to taste
Finely chop or mash pears. Place all topping items in a small saucepan. Reduce over low heat, whisking continuously. Reduce until pears breakdown to desired thickness or 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and chill before topping crepes.
- 14.5 oz or 1 can sliced pears- no sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pear liquor
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
Moll’s Favorite Dessert Wine for Pear Crepes
- Hopler Trockenbeerenauslese 2001 (under $40) has hints of nutmeg, clove, honey, and apricot. It’s delicious with sweet meals and desserts.