• Winner chosen each month and to be named Viking's Monthly Designer of Distinction
• Featured on vikingrange.com and social media channels
• Viking Professional 10pc. Cookware set valued at $1,000
• Winners announced monthly
• Overall Winner named 2021 Viking Kitchen Designer of the Year
• Prominently featured on vikingrange.com and social media channels
• National Recognition
• Viking Professional Range up to 36"W. valued up to $10,299
• Competition ends December 31, 2021
1) Like @vikingrange on Instagram
2) Tag us in your kitchen design
3) Use #VikingDesignCompetition in your post
All valid kitchen entries must include all of the following:
• Viking refrigeration as primary kitchen refrigeration:
◦ At least one full-size Viking unit; or
◦ Two or more Viking undercounter units
◦ No full-size competitive refrigeration units.
◦ Wine storage units do not meet the primary food preservation unit requirement.
• At least one Viking cooking appliance as primary cooking unit. Ranges, rangetops, ovens, cooktops, or two or more modules meet this requirement. Ventilation, microwave ovens and warming drawers do not but highly encouraged.
OFFICIAL 2021 VIKING DESIGNERS OF DISTINCTION CONTEST PRIZES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST OR BE AWARDED A PRIZE.
HOW THE CONTEST WORKS/PRIZES AND PRIZE WINNERS SELECTION:
1) Prize for Monthly Designer of Distinction: Those Professional Designers who completely satisfy the entry conditions set forth above will be eligible to win the following non-cash prizes: Title of Monthly Viking Designer of Distinction, global recognition on vikingrange.com and Viking Range social media channels, and a 10-piece Viking Professional cookware set (approximate retail value $1,000). From such Designers, one or more individuals will be awarded the prizes specified by the Sponsor on the last day of each month during the Contest Period. The Sponsor shall announce the monthly winner by e-mailing the winning Designer at the e-mail address previously entered and confirmed during Internet Registration or at an alternate e-mail address if Sponsor has been notified of a change of e-mail address in accordance with these Official Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right to announce the identity of each Internet Registration prize winner and the prize awarded to each such winner on any of its websites or those of its affiliates.
2) Grand Prize for Design Professionals: On January 1, 2022, the Sponsor shall select a single winning Designer for the Contest's Grand Prize, based on Designs submitted during the Contest Period (which may include previous Monthly Designers of Distinction Winners). The criteria used to select the Grand Prize winner shall be the same as those used in selecting the Monthly Featured Designer prizes. The Grand Prize winner will be designated the "2021 Viking Designer of Distinction" and the photo and winner will be featured on the "Design Professional" portion of the Sponsor's website during the calendar year 2022. Other prizes include global recognition on vikingrange.com and Viking Range social media channels, and a Viking Range up to 36"W. (approximate retail value up to $10,299.00). The Sponsor shall announce the winner of the Grand Prize by e-mailing the winning Designer at the e-mail address previously entered and confirmed during Internet Registration or at an alternate e-mail address if Sponsor has been notified of a change of e-mail address in accordance with these Official Rules, and by posting details concerning the winner on the Sponsor's website or websites.
One designer will be honored as the 2021Viking Kitchen Designer of the Year. To become eligible for selection, enter through social media. Deadline for entries is December 31, 2021.
The kitchen design entry can be any style kitchen, and all major kitchen appliances in the design must be Viking products. A minimum of one Viking cooking appliance as the primary cooking appliance is required. Ranges, rangetops, ovens, and cooktops meet this requirement. Ventilation, microwave ovens and warming drawers do not. A minimum of one full size Viking refrigeration unit must be used. After a submission is selected as a winner, a design statement is also required.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST OR BE AWARDED A PRIZE.
SPONSOR: The 2021 Viking Kitchen Design Competition (the "Contest") is sponsored by Viking Range, LLC (referred to in these Official Rules as the "Sponsor"). ELIGIBILITY: The Viking Kitchen Design Competition is open to professional kitchen designers, architects, interior designers, builders and remodelers only. For professional entries, the construction of the project must have been completed in 2015 or later.
The Contest is offered only in the United States of America to professionals 18 years of age or older who are engaged in designing residential kitchens which utilize Viking appliances. Eligible individuals are referred to in these Official Rules as "Designers." Entries from non-residents of the United States of America are ineligible.
Employees of the Sponsor and the Sponsor's affiliates, the immediate families of such employees (employees' parents, siblings, children and spouses) and members of the same household of such employees are not eligible to enter the Contest.
Void where prohibited by law.
CONTEST PERIOD/DEADLINE: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Time on January 1, 2021 and ends at 12:00 a.m. Central Time on December 31. 2021 (the "Contest Period"). No entries will be received before the start of the Contest Period. All entries must be received by the Sponsor by 12:00 a.m. Central Time on December 31, 2021.
HOW TO ENTER: Step 1 – ENTRANTS MUST FIRST REGISTER ONLINE – Internet Registration Part of Contest: Go to vikingrange.com/designers and fill in and submit the Contest registration form to become eligible to win the Sponsor's quarterly Viking prizes. Designers must correctly, truthfully and fully answer all questions on the registration form in order to be eligible to win any Contest prizes. Designers will receive a registration confirmation email in connection with their valid registration. Designers may only register once – multiple registrations by the same Designer may result in ineligibility to receive the Contest's prizes, at the Sponsor's discretion. The registration process is referred to as the "Internet Registration" part of the Contest.
Step 2 – ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT REQUIRED MATERIALS BY EMAIL to email@example.com - After registering on the Sponsor's website as provided above, Designers will receive email confirmation prompting them to submit the following required material: High Resolution Kitchen photos (jpeg images under 25mb), Name of project, Project Location, Design Statement, Designer's bio, Designer's headshot. Please submit a minimum of two color photographs of the completed design. It is encouraged to provide additional shots and "before" and "after" if possible. Photographs must be owned and taken by or on behalf of the Designer, must not infringe upon any third party's intellectual property rights (e.g., the photos may not have been previously published in a magazine or other copyrighted work in which the Designer did not retain copyright in the photos, and if the Designer did not take the photos, the Designer must have the consent of the photographer to submit the photos in the Contest), and must clearly depict one or more Viking appliances.
SUBMISSION BY A DESIGNER OF A PHOTOGRAPH CONSTITUTES THE DESIGNER'S AFFIRMATION, REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTY TO THE SPONSOR THAT: (A) THE DESIGN DEPICTED IN THE PHOTOGRAPH IS THE DESIGNER'S SOLE, EXCLUSIVE AND ORIGINAL CREATIVE WORK AND THERE EXISTS NO CLAIM IN AND TO THE DESIGN BY ANOTHER PERSON; (B) THE DESIGNER HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY SOLD, TRANSFERRED OR LICENSED THE PHOTOGRAPH TO ANY OTHER PERSON, AND (C) SUBMISSION OF THE PHOTOGRAPH TO THE SPONSOR AND USE BY THE SPONSOR OF THE PHOTOGRAPH DOES NOT INFRINGE UPON ANY OTHER PERSON'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. THE DESIGNER PROMISES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE SPONSOR HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, COSTS AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THE FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
Photographs must be submitted as social media posts using hashtag #VikingDesignCompetition. Multiple photo entries by the same Designer are permitted.
No correspondence or contact other than that specified in these Official Rules will be accepted as an entry in the Contest. All entry information becomes the property of the Sponsor. Designers retain all ownership rights to their submitted photographs except for the license granted to the Sponsor described below.
Within 14 days of the date of notification to the Grand Prize winner, the Grand Prize Winner shall execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release. All other prize winners shall execute and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release. Failure to comply with this requirement will cause the prize(s) to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify the winner's consent that the Sponsor may use the winner's name, likeness, image, voice, photographs, biographical information and address (city and state), and written statements made by the winner about the Contest and Sponsor, for promotional purposes, in all forms of media, in perpetuity, and without monetary payment or additional consideration.
If a prize notification e-mail is returned or deemed undeliverable, or if the winner is found to be ineligible or fails to comply with these Official Rules, the Sponsor may decide, in its discretion, that the winner has forfeited the prize and an alternate winner of that prize will be selected from eligible Designers for the prize.
ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning any prize depends on the number of valid entries received and the number of Designers who qualify by completing the social media registration process.
TRANSFERABILITY/TAXES: All prizes are non-transferable and are not exchangeable for cash; provided, however, that the Sponsor may in its discretion offer to prize winners the option of receiving a cash prize substitute. All prize winners will be solely responsible for all taxes (federal, state and/or local) and any expenses not specified related to acceptance and use of the prize.
CONDITIONS: The Sponsor is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of, or failure of the Sponsor to receive entry information on account of human or technical problems in any combination thereof. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel the Contest in its entirety if it becomes technically corrupted or because of non-authorized human intervention. The Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By entering: (a) participants agree to these Official Rules, the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules; (b) participants release the Sponsor, its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, representatives, vendors, and such persons' directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any claims, injuries, losses, costs or damages of any kind caused by participation in the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prizes; and (c) PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SPONSOR AND OTHER RELEASED ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS HAVE NEITHER MADE, NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THEIR QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION, OR FITNESS, EXCEPT FOR ANY STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY OFFERED BY ANY MANUFACTURER OF THE NON-CASH PRIZES. The Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning any prize if in its sole discretion it determines that the entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Sponsor's agents or representatives.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SPONSOR OR SPONSOR'S WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
USE OF REGISTRATION INFORMATION/PHOTOS: By completing the Contest's Internet Registration forms, the entrant grants the Sponsor the right to use the information provided on the forms, and to contact the entrant by e-mail, telephone, mail, certified mail or fax. By submitting photographs in connection with the Contest, each such Designer grants the Sponsor a non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, print, publish, disseminate and publicly display the submitted photograph in connection with the promotion, marketing and sale of the Sponsor's products. Such license shall be perpetual, worldwide, transferable and royalty-free.
For identification of the 2020 Contest prize winners, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope after January 1, 2022 to:
Viking Range, LLC
2021 Viking Designers of Distinction / List of Contest Winners
111 Front Street
Greenwood, MS 38930