Kitchen Cleanup Appliance Questions
Loading the Silverware/Cutlery Basket in Your Viking Dishwasher
Tips for Best Dishwasher Cleaning Results
- Distribute items evenly and mix knives, forks, and spoons so that items will avoid nesting.
- Always place forks and spoons with eating portions up and handles down.
- Compartments with lids help separate the silverware for the best cleaning and drying results. The lids also hold small, lightweight items in place.
- IMPORTANT: Sharp or pointed items, such as knives, should always be put in with the point down to protect your hands.
Extra Quiet Operation Hints for your Viking Dishwasher
Your dishwasher has been designed and engineered to give superior cleaning results and to operate very quietly. To avoid any extra clattering or thumping noises during operation:
- Keep sink drain plugs inserted during dishwasher operation to prevent noise transfer through drains.
- Load dishes so they do not touch each other.
- Make sure light weight items are secured in the rack.
- Make sure pot lids and handles, pizza pans, cookie sheets, etc., do not touch interior walls
Are Viking dishwashers Energy Star qualified?
Are Viking dishwashers quiet?
Do I need to rinse my dishes before loading the dishwasher?
In Viking Dishwashers, what benefit does the variable speed motor provide?
The variable speed motor is the heart of the Vari-Pressure Intelli-Wash System which adjusts water volumes and water pressure to the cycle/option selected. The Pots and Pans cycle uses a higher pressure wash than a Normal cycle, and the Light/China cycle uses a lower pressure wash. Click here to view the Optimal Performance Guide.