Spicy Asian Catfish with Stir-Fried Vegetables
Spicy Asian Catfish
- 3 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 3 teaspoons Chinese 5 Spice
- ½ cup Asian marinade
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup bias-cut celery (thin)
- 1 cup sliced red and yellow bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cooked rice or noodles for serving
- 6 ounces pear juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
1. Cut catfish into bite-size chunks. Place in shallow dish and add Chinese 5 Spice; toss to coat. Add ½ cup Asian Marinade and toss to coat; let sit 10 minutes.
2. While fish is marinating, heat large skillet or wok over high heat for 2 minutes; add oil. Add all vegetables except bean sprouts; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside. Add catfish to hot skillet and stir-fry 2 minutes.
3. Mix in 2 teaspoons of corn starch and reserved marinade; stir until there are no lumps. Add marinade and cornstarch mixture to pan. Add vegetables and bean sprouts. Cook 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Season with salt.
4. Remove from heat and plate with your choice of rice or noodles.
Serves 4 - 6
Whisk together all ingredients in medium bowl.
Recipe provided by The Catfish Institute.