Classic Catfish Po' Boy with Homemade Slaw
Catfish Po' Boy
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 4 ounces fish breading
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 to 1½ cups frying oil
- 2 6-inch French rolls
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 pound slaw mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
1. In a shallow dish, mix breading and seasoning. Coat fillets in mixture, shaking off any excess.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add fillets; cook until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes. Turn once, remove catfish and let drain on paper towel.
3. Split French rolls and spoon slaw mix in, place fried catfish on top of slaw, and add sliced tomatoes.
Combine all ingredients and season to taste; cover and refrigerate.
Recipe provided by The Catfish Institute.