- 2 large egg yolks, beaten until frothy
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups neutral-flavored oil (grapeseed or canola)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
Pour oils into a 2-cup measuring cup with a spout. Whisking constantly and briskly, add oil in a slow steady stream. (Note: Finished mayonnaise should have a smooth, well-blended consistency. If it appears to have separated, continue whisking vigorously to emulsify.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make It Ahead: Make recipe and keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Makes 1 1/2 cups