Catfish With Peanut-Coconut Crust
- 1/3 cup honey-roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey-nut shredded wheat cereal, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons coconut, shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion (green onion), divided
- 1/3 cup duck sauce (sweet and sour sauce)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 4 6-ounces U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In large bowl, combine peanuts, cereal crumbs, coconut, and 1 tbsp. scallion; set aside.
In small bowl, combine duck sauce, soy sauce, garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon scallion. Remove 2 tablespoons of mixture; brush over fillets.
Place fillets on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle fillets with peanut-coconut mixture, dividing evenly. Bake until fish is opaque in center, 10 to 12 minutes, depending on size. Serve with remaining sauce mixture.
Per Serving: Calories 355 (47% from fat); Fat 19g (sat 4g, mono 9g, poly 4g); Protein 30g; Carbohydrate 16g; Fiber 2g; Cholesterol 91mg; Calcium 26mg; Sodium 437mg
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe provided by The Catfish Institute.