Grilled Catfish with Tropical Fruit Salsa
Courtesy of The Catfish Institute
Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 2 cups mango and/or papaya
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion or chives
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
In a small bowl, combine mango and/or papaya, chopped cilantro, jalapeño, and minced green onion or chives. Stir in lime juice and honey.
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets (about 6 oz. each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Preheat grill or broiler. In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, and black and red peppers. Brush one side of each fish fillet with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with spice mixture. Grill or broil on a rack 4 inches from heat source for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Serve with Tropical Fruit Salsa; if desired, garnish with chives.
Yield: 4 portions
Per Portion: 348 cal, 17 g fat, 31 g protein, 16 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 92 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium.