2 large Honey Crisp Apples
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1 TBSP honey
1/4 C Heavy Cream
1/4 TSP Cinnamon
1 TBSP Sugar
3 Sheets Filo dough
1 pint Vanilla ice cream
1) Peel Apples quarter and clean the seeds and Veins and cut each quarter in 4 slices. Reserve
2) Melt 4 oz of Butter with honey and set aside
3) In a Sauté pan melt the remaining butter until it sizzles add the apples and coat them in butter and add the sugar. Coat the apples completely in the sugar to dissolve and caramelize while tossing them occasionally.
4) Once the Apples and Sugar is Caramelized add your cream and reduce a bit. This will become your Apple and Caramel Mixture. Set it aside to cool.
5) Place one of your sheets of Filo on a lightly floured surface and smear and cover it generously with butter and honey.
6) Place another Filo sheet on top and repeat the process with the butter mixture. Then repeat it again with the third Piece of Filo dough.
7) Sprinkle the top of the Filo stack with Cinnamon Sugar and place it in a buttered cake or tart pan.
8) Make sure that you leave an overhang of extra dough and place the Apples and the liquids in the pan and crinkle up the rest of the Filo on top to create a flower affect.
9) Place this in your freezer.
10) Preheat your Viking Range to 350 degrees.
11) Place the frozen Crostatta in the oven and bake it until it’s golden brown approx 25-30 mins.
12) Serve it warm with vanilla Ice cream.