DESIGN ENGINEER - Electrical Wiring/Harness - Greenwood, MS
Viking Range is seeking an experienced, innovative Electrical Wiring/Harness Engineer. This position is responsible for the development and release of specifications and designs to support the wire harness development of all Viking Range products while managing the quality, cost and timing of responsible programs and suppliers. The position will be located in Greenwood, MS, approximately 100 miles south of Memphis, TN.
Essential Job Results:
- Development of specifications for electrical schematic, wiring, and harness with respect to
- Platform product level requirements and specifications
- Agency requirements (both domestic and international)
- Marketing and Industrial Design requirements
- Design and release of product schematic and wiring diagram by working with cross-functional team (Platform Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Service, etc.)
- Design and release of final harness assembly design by working with cross-functional team
(Platform Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Service, Supplier, etc.)
- Preparation of 3D routing of wiring harness for obtaining actual length, clearance with respect to other mechanical parts, support to be provided, protection and clearance in high temp zone
- Preparation of 2D layout drawing for obtaining length, connector, grommet location, bracket and support design, etc.
- Documentation of wiring harness design in CATIA V5 and IGE-XAO. Document control in Smarteam PLM
- Interact with supplier for component selection, manufacturing and assembly
- Selection of terminals, connectors and other harness components
- Plan, lead, execute and summarize results for Design Reviews (wire harness, components, standoffs)
- Continuous improvement for existing designs
- Engineering technical support to Procurement for:
- Supplier evaluation
- Quoting of electronic components
- Engineering technical support to Service for:
- Resolution of field issues
- Development and implementation of field diagnostics
- Support development of service documentation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on wiring harness design and development with global team interaction
- Reviewing layouts and circuit drawings, preparing BOM, releasing procedure for drawings and interpreting schematics
- Good knowledge of cable and harness design techniques
- Experience with new product innovations, value re-engineering and saving costs using various techniques
- Tools knowledge (CATIA, IGE-XAO, FMEA, DFM, DFA, Poke-Yoke)
- Auto/Appliance electronic/electrical design at assembly, sub-assembly level
- Exposure to working in a cross-functional team
- Dependable and timely
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- The ability to establish priorities and manage project assignments
- Advanced organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a sense of urgency, initiative and a commitment to work and assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of wire harness development experience
- Project management experience (preferred)
- Broad experience in appliance design/development (preferred)
- Experience with statistical design concepts (preferred)
- Programming and hardware design experience (preferred)
REFRIGERATION SENIOR ENGINEERS - Greenwood, MS
Viking Range is seeking experienced, innovative engineers for its Refrigeration division. The Senior Engineer position will be an expert technical and design resource that champions the consistent use of high performance design practices and standards for the Refrigeration division. This person will engineer, lead and manage multi-functional teams to carry out an aggressive product plan for the development of new refrigeration product. A very competitive compensation and relocation package will be offered. Viking offers excellent fringe benefits and takes pride in maintaining a very positive, people and family oriented working environment. The Company’s continued growth provides ample opportunities for advancement. Engineers will be located in Viking’s Refrigeration Products Plant in Greenwood, MS, approximately 100 miles south of Memphis, TN.
Essential Job Results:
- Provide expertise in the design and engineering of current and future refrigeration products and systems.
- Identify design/performance requirements for refrigeration products and systems.
- Participate in or lead the Viking Product Development Process for various refrigeration products and systems.
- Develop and manage project plans and timelines within the scope of the Viking Product Development Process.
- Develop and maintain high performance design practices and standards.
- Utilize sound project management tools for the execution of the project.
- Drive usage of modeling, analysis and simulation tools in the design process for optimization and robustness.
- Work with manufacturing/suppliers to document technical aspects of components and interaction of designs within manufacturing and assembly.
- Expertise in the design, function and performance requirements of key components in a refrigeration product and system.
- Experience leading complex product development initiatives from concept through production.
- Ability to apply expertise across multiple projects to ensure high performance design practices and standards are met.
- Flexible and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Self-starter that exhibits creativity.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology required.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years experience in new product engineering and refrigeration design.
- Prior project leadership experience is preferred.
- Experience with electronics, structures and/or prototyping.
- Knowledge of 3D Parametric CAD is preferred.
WAIT STAFF - Greenwood, MS
Giardina’s is seeking an individual to enthusiastically wait tables and represent the organization in an extremely positive manner. This position will be night hours.
- Strong work ethic
- Previous restaurant experience preferred
- Friendly personality
- 18 years or older