EXECUTIVE CHEF - Greenwood, MS
Job Purpose: To manage culinary aspects of Giardina’s restaurant so that it will be a world class restaurant and a leader in Delta cuisine.
Reports To: General Manager, Giardina’s
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS:
Oversees and manages all kitchen operations
- Serves as culinary liaison between Giardina’s and Viking Range
- Represents Viking Range, Alluvian Hotel, Giardina’s Restaurant and Viking Hospitality Group at public events, culinary events and other special events as determined by presidents of Viking Range and Viking Hospitality Group
- Represents Viking Range, Alluvian Hotel, Giardina’s Restaurant and Viking Hospitality Group at the level of press and public relations as determined by presidents of Viking Range and Viking Hospitality Group
- Serves as “face” of Giardina’s and regularly interacts with guests and customers
- Develops menus for Giardina’s, Alluvian and special events, ensuring quality, presentation, taste and meeting standards set forth by president of Viking Range
- Adheres to budget as set by management
- Orders food and oversees check-in process.
- Maintains food cost within agreed margins
- Maintains labor cost within agreed margins
- Insures that all recipes are followed
- Maintains consistent food quality
- Maintains standards for food storage, food handling, and food preparation and presentation
- Attends weekly Food & Beverage meetings with Management
- Supervises all back of house employees rotating this responsibility with Sous Chef as shifts dictate.
- Prepares payroll for back of house employees
- Performs monthly food inventories
- Maintains inventory records
- Assists General Manager in hiring back of house staff
- Completes all necessary personnel paperwork for staff
- Resolves employee grievances for back of house employees
- Trains back of house team in all aspects of kitchen and menu preparation
- Trains new employees.
- Trains front of house team in menu presentation, menu knowledge and specials.
- Holds line-up for front of house team to taste specials and communicate menu to guests.
- Fosters and promotes a cooperative working environment with all staff and departments
- Develops weekly kitchen schedule and shares with necessary managers
- Assists with special projects as assigned by management.
- Responds to on call emergencies
- Maintains complete knowledge and complies with all Viking Hospitality Group policies and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in restaurant cooking
- Experience in hospitality management, creating recipes & menus
- Experience in supervising and managing employees
- Leadership and customer service skills
- Pleasant personality
- Good grooming and presentation
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Micros
- Detail oriented work style
- Good organizational and follow up skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to promote positive relations with guests and staff
- Ability to work irregular hours, weekends and public holidays
QUALITY ENGINEER - Greenwood, MS
This position will provide planning, development, implementation and/or oversight of quality systems in manufacturing, including measurement techniques and statistical data analysis. Responsibilities cover industrial quality and testing, assisting manufacturing in problem resolution, warranty reduction, quality cost reductions, problem solving, internal Corrective Actions, dealing with non-conforming product, and compliance with standards.
Essential Job Results:
- Executes with lead forward initiative and dedicated follow through.
- Ability to create process flow, FMEA and control plans as needed.
- Performs internal product and process audits.
- Has SPC, Cpk and problem solving tool kit with good technical knowledge.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes testing controls.
- Supports all quality, engineering and field service personnel and serves as a customer advocate.
- Provides design improvement feedback to Engineering department.
- Trains production and field service personnel on quality systems and Viking products
- Good presentation and communication/teamwork skills with internal and external customers; ability to travel as needed (< 10%).
- Strategic thinker; innovative management; business acumen; and strong leadership skills.
- Strong process orientation with planning and organizing skills.
- Practical knowledge and use of Lean tools and techniques.
- Ability to supervise team of Quality Inspectors.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously with proven cost savings.
- College degree, preferably in a technical area. Equivalent knowledge and experience may be considered. ASQ certification a plus.
- A minimum of four years experience in Quality Assurance.
- An understanding of manufacturing process, challenges, and solutions.
REFRIGERATION SENIOR ENGINEERS - Greenwood, MS
Viking Range is seeking experienced, innovative engineers for its Refrigeration division. The Senior Engineer position will be an expert technical and design resource that champions the consistent use of high performance design practices and standards for the Refrigeration division. This person will engineer, lead and manage multi-functional teams to carry out an aggressive product plan for the development of new refrigeration product. A very competitive compensation and relocation package will be offered. Viking offers excellent fringe benefits and takes pride in maintaining a very positive, people and family oriented working environment. The Company’s continued growth provides ample opportunities for advancement. Engineers will be located in Viking’s Refrigeration Products Plant in Greenwood, MS, approximately 100 miles south of Memphis, TN.
Essential Job Results:
- Provide expertise in the design and engineering of current and future refrigeration products and systems.
- Identify design/performance requirements for refrigeration products and systems.
- Participate in or lead the Viking Product Development Process for various refrigeration products and systems.
- Develop and manage project plans and timelines within the scope of the Viking Product Development Process.
- Develop and maintain high performance design practices and standards.
- Utilize sound project management tools for the execution of the project.
- Drive usage of modeling, analysis and simulation tools in the design process for optimization and robustness.
- Work with manufacturing/suppliers to document technical aspects of components and interaction of designs within manufacturing and assembly.
- Expertise in the design, function and performance requirements of key components in a refrigeration product and system.
- Experience leading complex product development initiatives from concept through production.
- Ability to apply expertise across multiple projects to ensure high performance design practices and standards are met.
- Flexible and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Self-starter that exhibits creativity.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology required.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years experience in new product engineering and refrigeration design.
- Prior project leadership experience is preferred.
- Experience with electronics, structures and/or prototyping.
- Knowledge of 3D Parametric CAD is preferred.
WAIT STAFF - Greenwood, MS
Giardina’s is seeking an individual to enthusiastically wait tables and represent the organization in an extremely positive manner. This position will be night hours.
- Strong work ethic
- Previous restaurant experience preferred
- Friendly personality
- 18 years or older