The Viking Commitment to Our Employees
- Mississippi Business Journal named Viking one of the "Best Places to Work in Mississippi" for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- Viking is headquartered in Greenwood, Mississippi, in the heart of the Mississippi Delta, a region of the nation notorious for unemployment and poverty. With the majority of the Viking product line being made in this small town, they are able to employ over 1,000 people and offer them numerous benefits, advancement and educational opportunities, and a highly competitive salary.
- Viking attendance averages 99% and the company's average employee tenure is 9+ years.
- Viking offers full medical, pharmaceutical, vision and dental coverage to all full-time employees, as well as life insurance and long term disability.
- Viking employees are eligible for 401k Retirement Savings with a 50% employer match up to 4% of salary. Employees receive a generous vacation allotment and special discount on Viking products.
- Viking provides manufacturing employees with post-employment training consisting of various opportunities both on the job and through external continuing education courses. Adult Literacy and GED preparatory classes are also offered.
- Viking offers a generous Educational Assistance Program with reimbursement of 100% of the cost of tuition for approved courses in various associate, bachelor and master degree programs.
- Through a workforce development partnership between Viking and the State of Mississippi, employees have the opportunity for advanced training in areas such as: Oracle, CAD, CATIA, software applications, etc.