IMPORTANT PRODUCT RECALL NOTICE
Viking, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, is ecalling certain Model 325 and Model 450 Viking 24" Dishwashers manufactured between May 26, 2010 and September 15, 2010. Viking will repair all affected dishwashers free of charge in your home.
In Model 325 and Model 450 dishwashers manufactured between May 26, 2010 and September 15, 2010, an electrical connector to the dishwasher heater may fail, creating a risk of fire. Viking has received reports of 21 incidents, five of which resulted in a fire causing minor property damage. Viking has not received any reports of injury.
Consumers should immediately stop using the listed model dishwashers and contact the repair hotline for a free repair.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS IN ORDER TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOUR DISHWASHER IS SUBJECT TO THE RECALL:
- Please locate the model and serial number of your dishwasher which are located on the identification plate mounted on the left side of the dishwasher door opening
- If your model number is identified in the chart below, locate the first six numbers contained in the serial number. The first six numbers contained in the serial number correspond to the manufacture date of the unit in [mm][dd][yy] format, e.g., serial number 051903G0000000375 was manufactured on May 19, 2003 and serial number F01250210170 was manufactured on January 25, 2002.
- If the first six numbers contained in the serial number correspond to a date prior to the dates identified in the chart below, your refrigerator is subject to the recall.
Model Numbers Starting With
Date of Manufacture
Units manufactured between 05/26/10 and 09/15/10
052610 through 091510
- Write down the model and serial number of your dishwasher, which are located on the identification plate mounted on the bottom left side of the dishwasher door opening.
- Please call our toll free recall number, 1-800-241-7239, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST.
- Please be prepared to provide the call center with the following information:
- 1. Name, address, telephone number and email
- 2. Model and serial number of your dishwasher.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS IN ORDER TO SCHEDULE A FREE REPAIR OF YOUR DISHWASHER:
Viking will arrange for an authorized service representative to contact you to schedule a repair.
Please call our toll-free number or visit www.vikingrange.com for additional information.
Viking Range, LLC apologizes for the inconvenience, but on behalf of its employees and partners, appreciates the opportunity to remain your preferred brand of professional-grade kitchen appliances.
If you have any questions about these instructions, please call Viking Customer Service at 1-800-241-7239. We can be reached from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
Thank you for your understanding and for purchasing a Viking product.
Viking Range, LLC