Cleaning and Maintenance Questions
What do I use to clean the stainless steel on my Viking product?
For everyday use, start with hot, soapy water and a soft cloth. Wipe dry. Finish with a damp micro-fiber cloth. Make sure to rub in the direction of the grain/brushed finish.
For optimum appearance, use a stainless steel cleaner to remove smudges and fingerprints and follow up with a stainless steel polish to make unit shine. Cleaner and polish should not be used daily. Once every couple of weeks should be adequate.
How do I clean my burner grates?
How do I clean my ranges burner heads?
Mix Bar Keepers Friend® and water to make a paste. Coat area to be cleaned and leave for 30 minutes. Scrub the burner head with the green 3M® pad. It’s best to put the burner head on a hard surface with a towel under it, so it doesn’t scratch the surface. Apply pressure when scrubbing. Right side was cleaned using this method. NOTE: Not guaranteed to remove all stains. Stain strength varies depending on type of spill, temperature of burner head when spill occurred, length of time spill remained on burner, etc. Refer to the Viking 7 Series Range Burner Head Cleaning for more information.
Are burner bowls and grate supports dishwasher-safe?
How do I clean my griddle?
What kind of oil do I use for the initial seasoning of the griddle on my range?
How do I clean the ceramic top on my electric freestanding range?
Any piece of equipment works better and lasts longer when maintained properly and kept clean. Cooking equipment is no exception. Your cooktop must be kept clean. Make sure all controls are in the “OFF” position. Cleaning of glass ceramic tops is different from cleaning a standard porcelain finish. To maintain and protect the surface of your new glass ceramic top, follow these basic steps:
For normal, light soil:
1. Rub a few drops of a glass ceramic cleaning cream to the cool soiled area using a damp paper towel.
2. Wipe until all soil and cream are removed. Frequent cleaning leaves a protective coating which is essential in preventing scratches and abrasions.
For heavy, burned soil:
1. Rub a few drops of glass ceramic cleaning cream to the cool soiled area using a damp paper towel.
2. Carefully scrape remaining soil with a single-edged razor blade. Hold the blade at a 30° angle against the ceramic surface.
3. If any soil remains, repeat the steps above. For additional protection, after all soil has been removed, polish the entire surface with the cleaning cream.
4. Buff with a dry paper towel. As the cleaning cream cleans, it leaves a protective coating on the glass surface. This coating helps to prevent build-up of mineral deposits (water spots) and will make future cleaning easier.
Note: Dishwashing detergents remove this protective coating and therefore, make the glass ceramic top more susceptible to staining.
How do you clean a Viking oven?
How often should I clean my Viking Hood filters?
Depending on your style of cooking, Viking generally recommends cleaning the dishwasher-safe baffle and mesh filters at least once a month. If you frequently fry, grill or wok cook, you may want to clean your filters more often.
For re-circulating hoods, you will need to replace the disposable charcoal filters every 6 to 12 months depending on your cooking habits. These filters are not dishwasher-safe.
As for Viking downdrafts, there is a filter alert/reset button on the control panel of the downdrafts. After thirty hours of use, the light comes on letting you know that it is time to clean your filters. The filters are dishwasher-safe.
How do I know when to replace the water filter?
Where do I get replacement water filters for my Viking Refrigerator?
You may purchase replacement water filters at your authorized Viking dealer, from the Viking online store, or by calling the Viking online store at 1-877-834-8222.