- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 4 (2-1/2-inch) strips orange peel, for garnish (optional)
- 4 fresh cranberries, for garnish (optional)
- 4 cocktail picks
- 1 wedge lime, for moistening rims of glasses
- Gold or green sanding sugar, for garnishing rims of martini glasses
- 2 cups cracked ice
- 12 ounces premium vodka
- 4 ounces orange-flavored liqueur (e.g., Triple Sec or Cointreau®)
- 6 ounces cranberry juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (juice of 2 lime
Place grated ginger in a square of moistened cheesecloth folded double; squeeze the juice into a small bowl and discard the pulp; set aside until needed. Weave a strip of orange peel and a fresh cranberry onto each cocktail pick. Moisten the rim of each chilled glass with a wedge of lime, then gently press into the sanding sugar.
Fill a metal cocktail shaker with cracked ice; place the top on the shaker and shake for about 10 to 15 seconds. Add vodka, orange-flavored liqueur, cranberry juice, ginger juice, and lime juice and shake for another 15 seconds. Strain the liquid into the prepared glasses and serve immediately.
Makes 4 cocktails.