Roasted Vegetable and Boursin Canapés
These are flaky phyllo cups filled with savory Mediterranean vegetable and Boursin, which is a triple-cream cheese blended with garlic, herbs and spices.
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small eggplant, unpeeled, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons basil olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30 frozen minature phyllo tart shells,* (2 packages)
- 1 (5-ounce) package Boursin cheese
- 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves, cut into chiffonade, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine bell pepper, onion, eggplant and zucchini in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oils, and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables until tender and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Place phyllo cups on a baking sheet. Spoon 1 teaspoon of Boursin cheese into each cup. Top with a generous spoonful of roasted vegetables. Place in preheated oven, and cook until shells are light golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil, and serve warm or at room temperature.Tips and Techniques
* Phyllo shells are best used while still frozen.Makes 30 canapés
Exclusive recipes provided by Viking Cooking School.